Friday, August 3, 2012

The Hummingbird and Pleasure

I went outside to stand barefoot on the ground and do my morning meditations and prayers, albeit a little late today.

A hummingbird whizzed by me and started feeding in the midst of a large mass of flowers.

A spontaneous inspiration arose. I really wanted my body and mind to be respectful of the life of the hummingbird, and I know that my consciousness is still growing towards the place where I am respectful of nature all the time.

I spoke to natural/biological/physical intelligence...

"Nature, I give you 100 percent permission to align my pleasure with the life and pleasure of the hummingbird."

I could feel chronic tensions in my body dissolving, and new aliveness entering many of my cells. (I won't say all my cells, since I'm not functioning at the level of awareness where I can register all of them consciously.) The feeling in my genitals, especially the head of my clitoris, shifted significantly.

My mental functioning changed too, the best description I can give for it is that a new kind of spaciousness emerged around my head and my thoughts.

I realized, "I really want to write about this!" As I was having that thought, the hummingbird came out of the flowers, flew straight for me, and hovered about arm's length away from me, chest directly facing my eyes, for maybe five to eight seconds. (I'll note that according to Karla McLaren, arm's length distance around the skin-encased body is where the major boundary of the emotional body exists in most people.)

After paying me this visit, the hummingbird returned to the flowers.

Amazed, I decided to extend the break I was taking from my regular meditation routine and continue experiencing the new pleasures coming to me as a result of the dialogue with Nature intelligence I describe here.

Several other birds then flew into my close vicinity, and calmly went about their business.

Then I realized that I could do this particular dialogue with natural/physical/biological intelligence every morning as part of my meditations, focusing on a different plant or creature. I'm certain that each one could teach me new things about the varieties and magnitude of pleasure possible on this planet.

I close here, during this writing, with a "Thank you, Nature."

If you don't live near hummingbirds, here's a video introducing you to these beautiful creatures. This presentation gets really interesting, in my opinion, around the three-minute mark, when the narrator starts talking about how hummingbirds are "tough as nails." They're also insect predators, since they need protein as well as nectar, and some species live in arctic-like conditions at 12,000 feet of altitude in the Andes...



No comments:

Post a Comment