Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dialoguing with Nature, The Nuts and Bolts, 2... Nature and Mother

In my last post I wrote: 


"Just remember that a dialogue with natural/physical/biological intelligence is a dialogue. 

"There are two parties involved—1. You. 2. Nature intelligence. 

"If you are stating an intention with presence, sincerity, and concentration, and you don't want to just talk to yourself, the next step is to give the other side the space and time required to demonstrate that it hears you and it responds to you." 


I think that another major "sticking point" at this juncture is trust. To give Nature intelligence space and time to respond, requires trust on our side. Otherwise, we'll rush in, trying to control events. 

Developing trust in natural/physical/biological intelligence necessitates that we heal our abandonment wounds so that we aren't caught off guard when Nature intelligence responds to us in ways that don't meet our expectations of the mothering we never had. 


I have been working with my own abandonment wounding quite intensively over the past few weeks, via the following dialogue with natural/physical/biological intelligence: "Nature, I give you 100 percent permission to shift my abandonment patterns to patterns of abundant, respectful, balanced attention that comes in the forms of ... " I then list the forms of attention I desire. I wait until I feel Nature intelligence is finished reorganizing my body for that session, and then I thank natural/physical/biological intelligence for the work it has done. 


I do not believe that this work with Nature intelligence can change the behavior of anyone who might want to abandon me. Getting back to a major theme of this post, we cannot ultimately control the free choices of others. We can, however, leave behind our tendencies to become enmeshed in abandoning relationships. We can increase our ability to notice, receive, and celebrate enlivening attentiveness and care from Nature and those humans willing to offer it to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment